As the year moves forward, I've been getting more and more editorial requests. I love the challenge of coming up with ideas based on an article and creating artwork in a very quick-paced environment. I'd like to share my process for this piece. Below are the sketches I sent the client which were also accompanied by descriptions of the concept:
We ended up going with option "A" which I then took to the iPad to add color and detail. I'm still trying to figure out a process I like. For time's sake, I started on the iPad, I think in the future I may play with starting in Adobe Illustrator depending on time. Below is the final piece and HERE you can find the article.